Posted Friday, August 15th 2014 @ 9am
Before Facebook, there was MySpace. In fact, from 2005 to 2008, it was the most visited social networking site in the world. Buzzfeed has compiled a list of 29 things that only MySpace users will remember. Here are our favorite 10 (for the full list, check out the link):
- You took the perfect bathroom selfie with an actual camera.
- You’d spend hours writing an About Me which totally summed up your own brand of unique adolescent angst.
- Bulletins were the longform Facebook statuses of the mid-00s.
- It was worth spending hours to find the perfect wallpaper.
- The order of your Top 8 caused so much drama.
- Choosing a new profile song was the hardest decision you'd ever make.
- You knew people who said they were "famous on MySpace."
- All the cool kids had Myspace names.
- You always thanked people for adding you.
- You spent forever mastering HTML for your amazing custom profile.