Studies have shown that there are seven common traits that all successful couples have - here are the tips you need if you want to go the distance with your significant other.
1. You feel closer after an argument - fighting is normal, it's about getting to a place where you're mutually happy afterwards.
2. You don't let jealousy get out of control - a little jealously is good but too much can kill your relationship.
3. You don't take a dubious comment the wrong way - don't expect the worst of your partner, take what they say in a good light.
4. You don't change to suit each other, you work together - there are certain things you shouldn't compromise on for each other.
5. You think first, react later - harsh knee jerk reactions cause more harm than good.
6. You know how to say goodbye - don't make the other person feel bad if they do something without you, keep goodbyes short and sweet.
7. You're both getting a fair deal in the relationship - make sure one person isn't getting more out of the relationship than the other.