Congratulations to all Wildcats graduating this weekend! You did it! Parents, friends and family we know you have tons of questions about what you can/can't bring to the big commencement so we got you some answers!
Commencement Policies via UofA :
Parking Instructions HERE
CLEAR BAG POLICY
- Arizona Stadium has a clear bag policy limiting the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venue. The following is a list of bags that will be accepted for entry:
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, after being searched
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection, including, but not limited to: oxygen tanks, diabetes kits, allergy pens, etc.
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch
- Fanny packs
- Diaper bags
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Cooler bags
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions, including those that are oversized, have pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers
- Any bag larger than the permissible size, unless belonging to credentialed personnel having been thoroughly searched
- Prohibited bags may not be placed in a clear bag in order to gain entry. The clear bag is to be used as a substitute for any bag that appears on the prohibited list.
- Personal items will be permitted into the venue if carried in one bag that meets the criteria listed above.
- Personal items may be enclosed in a small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand. These small bags will be searched.
- There are no secure locations to store or hold personal items. Bring only the items you need and can carry with you into the stadium.
- The University of Arizona BookStores have clear bags available at their various locations or you can purchase online by clicking here.
PROHIBITED AND PERMISSIBLE ITEMS
- Purses and all bags prohibited by policy
- Air horns
- Large or oversized umbrellas
- Confetti and Flutterfetti
- Silly String
- Balloons or inflatable items, such as beach balls
- Poles, monopods, tripods
- Weapons: guns, ammunition, knives, box cutters
- Leatherman or similar tools
- Sharp and/or pointed objects (scissors, knitting needles, etc.)
- Mace, pepper spray
- Spray containers, aerosols, flammable liquids
- Explosives, fireworks, laser lights, laser pointers
- Unopened packages
- Signs with sticks or on poles
- Cans, bottles, coolers
- Hoverboards, segways, scooters, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles
- Unmanned aerial vehicles, such as drones
Permissible Items (all items subject to search)
- Small umbrellas
- Small purses (4.5” x 6.5” or smaller)
- Unopened water bottles as long as they are 32 oz. or smaller and sealed
- Empty, reusable water bottles
- Small hand-held still cameras and video cameras (no tripods)
- Personal chair backs are limited to 18" width, 9" depth, cannot have attached armrests or cupholders, and cannot recline to encroach upon the access or legroom of adjacent patrons.
- Cell phones (must be silenced during ceremony)
- Pagers (must be silenced during ceremony)
ARIZONA STADIUM POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- All persons entering the stadium are subject to Arizona Board of Regents and University of Arizona rules and regulations, and the Laws of the State of Arizona.
- Balloons and view-obstructing signs/banners are not permitted in the stadium. Dedicated balloon parking via pedestrian rail is available at each gate entrance outside of the stadium. We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- Service animals are permitted in Arizona Stadium. If a dog is not trained to do work or perform tasks, and only provides comfort or emotional support, the dog is not a service dog and may be excluded from public areas.
- Personal chair backs can be used in Arizona Stadium at the discretion of event staff and volunteers. All portable stadium seats are limited to 18" width, 9" depth, cannot have attached armrests or cupholders, and cannot recline to encroach upon the access or legroom of adjacent patrons. If event staff determines that a chair back does not meet these guidelines, the owner will be asked to have the seats removed and stored for the duration of the event.
- Field access is restricted to properly credentialed individuals and graduating students only.
- It is unlawful for a person to consume spirituous liquor from a broken package in a public place, thoroughfare or gathering (ARS Section 4-244).
- The University is dedicated to providing a healthy environment for those who participate in University activities. In support of this goal, the University prohibits the use of products that contain tobacco or nicotine, which the Food and Drug Administration has identified as an addictive chemical. These products include cigarettes, cigars, pipes, electronic smoking devices (such as e-cigarettes), bidis, kreteks, hookahs, water pipes, and all forms of smokeless tobacco. Littering campus with remains of tobacco or smoking-related products also is prohibited.
- Should guests experience any discomfort due to the actions of others, please report the incident to a Commencement volunteer or security guard.
- Stadium gates will open at 5:30pm.
- Guests may enter Arizona Stadium at any gate entrance.
- Undergraduate students must check-in at 4th Street and Vine Avenue, behind the Main Library, starting at 5:30pm. DO NOT wear caps and gowns until after clearing the security checkpoint. ONLY undergraduates will be allowed in this area. No guests. Commencement volunteers will be on-hand for assistance.
- Master’s, Ph.D., Specialists, Pharm D. and Professional students must check-in at the Davis Sports Center, just east of Arizona Stadium, starting at 6:00pm. ONLY Master’s, Ph.D., Specialists, Pharm D. and Professional students will be allowed inside Davis Sports Center. Commencement volunteers will be on-hand for assistance.
- Graduating students should arrange to meet guests at a specified location, outside of Arizona Stadium, after the ceremony concludes. Guests are encouraged to exit and meet on the UA Mall north of the stadium.
- The Commencement ceremony is scheduled to last approximately 75-90 minutes. Graduates and guests should remain in the stadium for the duration of the ceremony.
- Graduates and guests should come prepared for temperatures in the upper 90’s when arriving at the stadium. Sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses for everyone in your party are strongly encouraged. Water stations will be available throughout Arizona Stadium.
- Concessions will be available for purchase inside Arizona Stadium. Concession sales are cash only at most locations. Concession sales will close 30 minutes before the end of the event.
- UA BookStores will be selling souvenirs inside the stadium on the east concourse and their store location on the lower level by the Gate 6 entrance.
- Flowers, leis, and commemorative t-shirts will be available for purchase or pick-up through Mortar Board Senior Honorary inside most gate ramps.
University Commencement and convocation ceremonies are special events for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share in the experience. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.